Friday 28 November 2008

We go the sounds back from the soun designer and they are hilarious!

I also animated the blockout for Daryl’s film. Me and Elisha cut out some key poses of characters to be proper utilized in the blockout. I then animated most of the characters and cameras and rendered the scenes out, Elisha then did a few shots also. I then took teh shots and put them over the animatic for timing. As you will see in the video it is not a full 3d blockout and includes some 2D animatic in also.

Here is the finished Animatic:



And here is the blockout:



For Anja’s film this week I was asked to animate propellers spinning round on a background for the bomb scene where the screen pans upwards.

I ended up spending a lot of time on this because of unforeseen complications. The file I was given was in separate layers. The idea behind this was so that the propeller layer could be easily exported as a separate image – good for animating. The background would then be exported as a separate image for the background on the scene. The propeller needed adjusting though, for example smoothing edges and changing transparency which went OK. The problem I had was when trying to render the final scene out after animating. I realised I hadn’t checked the pixel dimensions of the file, which turned out to be around 4000 x 2000 pixels!!!

Of course because the pixel dimensions were so great it meant rendering would be impossible. This meant I had to lower the pixel dimensions manually and re animate everything.

Eventually, after all this I finally got it rendered, here it is:


No comments: