Wednesday 17 June 2009

Anja rang me up today and asked me to composite the hospital window shot for her. It is a little bit unprofessional to ask me to start compositing now as it is getting so late but it isn't too bad, especially now that Daryl's film is practically complete.

She told me where the files were on the Public drive and i asked her whether all the files I need for the composite were already in the aftereffects file she set up for me. She assured me they were (apart from some animation that is still being worked on) and gave me a rough description accross the phone as to how to composite the scene.

I've said it before, but it is really hard to understand what someone wants from you when they aren' there to explain it to you. Or don't show you anything to help you understand exactly what they want.

Unfortunately all the files were not in the file. The AfterFX file only had the window and main character in it. Luckily Dan was around and found the rest of the files for me. Unfortunately not all the files I needed to complete the enitre composite were ready and she was still creating the crane animation. Apparently she tasked Tasha to finish the run sequenc
e too. It was a pain though as after completing as much as I could I then had to wait around for the rest of the files. It meant that because I had to wait for all the files it made it more difficult for me to get on with things. I had finished what I could without the run and crane by lunch and by 3-4 pm i received the crane sequence. this meant I could start knocking up a bit of lighting together with teh sun better and more in time with the crane animation. By 6pm I was tired of waiting for the files and went home. Just a I was leaving Dan leT me know that Anja had sent me the run sequence. I finished the rest at home and sent it to Anja that night.

This is what I ended up with.





Unfortunately, it took me a while to figure out why AfterFX wasn't working with teh scene very well. I noticed it was because Anja's pixel dimensions that she used for her animations were ridiculously high. They were set to 400 dpi also. I reduced it to 72 dpi and it made After FX a lot more user friendly.


This picture shows the shot ungraded.


This other shot is the graded version.



No comments: