Tuesday 16 June 2009

Today I was finishing off final renders and collaborating them all together in premiere as a final edit. We finished it all by the end of the day and rendered out a rough .wmv but came up with an error at the end, probably due to memory issues of the PCs. It still plays, but has quite a few graphical glitches every now and again. We will render out a proper version later on.

I also spoke to Anja today. She made it clear that she needs me to work for her in the coming days as it is getting so close to deadline. She also clearly expressed and warned me that if I didn’t create work good enough for her standard then I will not be in the final credits for her film.

I thought this was completely unfair for her to decide this, considering I have worked for her all this time even alongside Daryl’s film. I thought this was really unprofessional although Anja didn’t think so. She told me that she doesn’t think I should go into the credits if none of my work will be shown in the final film.

Even though she acted in such an unprofessional and aggressive way I still agreed to work for her. I want her film to succeed regardless of emotions or stress. I just wished Anja was more organised and had given me more work earlier on. I imagine she will be expecting my help after the hand in, to finish off the film for the degree show and I will surely help her. It is just a shame because now most of this work will not get marked as it will be done after hand in.

Hopefully the film will shine at the degree show though.

After our discussion Anja went on to fix up the crane scene I was previously working on. She was making new render layers because I had not updated the old ones from the original file. The newest file has a lot more cranes in as Anja wanted, and I hadn't changed the render layers to compensate. She had previously created newer ones for all the new and old cranes but decided now that she didn’t like them. I asked her if there was more important work she needed to get finished by Friday. If there was then it would make sense to do that rather than fix up a scene that already has a finished version.

She told me she needs to finish off the 2D animation for the scene she was fixing up. This didn’t make any sense to me to leave the animation… one of the most important parts of the scene and told her this but she seemed adamant to continue anyway. I offered to complete what she was working at home tonight as it didn’t take me too long to do before and it makes more sense for her to work on her animation which I think is a lot more important.

She agreed and so I have to finish creating these render layers at home tonight.

No comments: