Saturday 20 June 2009

It is all over

It has been a weird end but it is over. It is a shame Anja’s film had to be rushed so much at the last minute but I guess experiencing productions like this and learning from it is what this is all about.

I had a good time working in Daryl’s group, it was quite an enjoyable experience being co-director of his film, and producer (for some of the last term at least). I was surprised at how good at producing Daryl’s film I was. Production schedules helped us a lot and I believe the film wouldn’t have been as good without them.

Admittedly I didn’t do a schedule for the last week or so as it was just too busy. Finding potential and ACTUAL problems wit members not working, or work not completed on time was all due to production scheduling so I’m glad I decided to fulfil this role when I did.

It is a shame I wasn’t given more work on Anja’s film though, especially more compositing and overall post production work as I this is what I have the most passion and enjoyment for.

I let her know halfway through that a lot of my time would be taken on Daryl’s film as it needed a lot more help with direction and general hard labour, especially considering as all his members were mainly working for other groups. I just hoped this didn’t put Anja off giving me work as, if asked more, I would have done a lot more work for her.

Oh well, it has been an experience and I have learnt a lot, and we got our films finished! Hoorah! I wish everyone the best from here on out. It has been a pleasure.

No comments: