Thursday 7 May 2009

Thursday 7th May

Attempted a rough lighting test and composition test with 2D over 3D. Saw a potential problem of Daryl's animation being that RAM is bigger than the 3D set. He has started the animation already, outside of the scene and wants me to later composite this over the 3D background in After Effects. Reason being, that he didn't want to resize RAM and place him in the scene as it skrews up the toon shading on RAM. Doing it this way may not look as good as rendering from the set. For example lighting would be different and will have to be redone in After Effects. This of course means more work for me, but also wouldn't look as good as if it was already in the 3D scene with the scene's lighting. I suggested to Daryl that the best way in my opinion, is that RAM should be resized and to contact Moe (the creater of the model and toon shading) to see if he can adjust the toon shading afterwords so it doesn't skrew up. If this is possible then I see this as the best option as it means less work for me and no need to add extra grading as it won't be needed.

I have also showed James how to ink in so that he can start inking some scenes also.

I also asked Daryl to make a list of all the cameras he created in Maya and to create a chart with which scenes go to which camera. I could go through them myself, but it makes sense, and saves time if Daryl does this as he has already created them and he originally named the 2D scenes also.

Harrison worked out a good technique in order to reduce/eliminate cleanup issues with scans. I have asked him to relay the information to Daryl and have asked Daryl to use his technique in future scans. The reason that Daryl should use this technique is because he is already using Photoshop to batch scan his work and using Photoshop actions in order to reshape/resize the images in preparation for inkers such as myself to use. Whilst he does the scans it will be easy to implement this technique into actions alongside his other changes so that the files come out cleaned as well as cropped.

No comments: